Departments in the Library
- BIBLIOGRAPHIC SERVICES: Handles cataloguing and clasification (Book processing) services – Dr. Charles Obichere (HOD)
- READERS SERVICES: Deals with library users, their information, requests, enquiries, registration, referrals, etc – Dr Mrs Matilda Oduagwu (HOD)
- COLLECTION DEVELOPMENT: Focuses on book procurement, receipt of donations, bequeaths, accessioning of new arrivals/titles etc -Dr. Mrs Angelina Uche (HOD)
- SERIALS CONTROL SERVICES: Deals with periodicals like journals, daily newspapers, indexing/abstracting and general management of periodicals/serial publications.
- RESEARCH AND DOCUMENTATION: This department deals with institutional publications, students’ projects, research services, weeding of old titles etc.
- ONLINE LIBRARY SERVICES: This department is for electronic library services, scanning services, e-information searching and retrieval/browsing, uploading of local content publications – Mr. Uche Okechukwu (HOD)
- REFERENCE SERVICES: This department handles information users reference queries and information searches using general purpose and subject based information materials – Mrs Ndidi Maxwell Obijuru (HOD).
- OFFICE OF THE POLYTECHNIC LIBRARIAN: This is the supervisory office of the Polytechnic Library. The office is headed by the Polytechnic Librarian who reports to the Rector on the day-to-day administration of the Library.